What is Taste of the Town?
Taste of the Town is a family-friendly annual event presented by the Davis Chamber of Commerce combining food and live music in an outdoor setting! This year the event will be held Wednesday, July 24th, 4-7 p.m. at Layton Commons Park. Many residents in Davis County and beyond have made this an annual family tradition! There are also activities for children, including face painting, an outdoor nerf dart tag arena, Disney princesses and Marvel heroes to meet and mingle with, and a children’s area with free activities.
This event is designed for you and is the perfect place to showcase your restaurant or business, and engage with thousands of folks from Davis, Weber and Salt Lake Counties. If you are looking for a great way to:
- Provide samples of your tasty food or innovative product to potential customers
- Reach thousands of people in a few short hours
- Promote your business
- Give back to the community
... then this event is for you!
How Does it Work?
Admission for the public is FREE. Patrons will purchase tickets for $1.00 each, at the event, and redeem their tickets at the restaurant or business booths of their choice.
Restaurants offer small portions of their food so that patrons will be able to taste their way around the event. Restaurants and businesses must offer a minimum of one "menu" item and will assign a ticket price to their offering. (For more details see below)
Participating restaurants and businesses will receive 50 cents for every ticket redeemed at their booth. The remaining portion of ticket sales will go to advertising, entertainment, other expenses and to the Davis Chamber.
What Does the Davis Chamber Provide?
The Davis Chamber will market the event to the Davis, Weber and Salt Lake County communities through press releases, newsprint, social media, email marketing, and will provide promotional material to participating restaurants and businesses to market the event in-house. We had over 90,000 impressions on our Facebook event in 2016 so participating provides excellent online exposure as well.
The Davis Chamber will also secure permitting for Layton City Commons Park and provide restaurants with information on how to obtain a local health permit. We will also provide guidelines on the pricing of food items to help ensure consistent, fair pricing for each restaurant participating. We suggest 3 tickets for food, 2 tickets for dessert, and 1 ticket for drinks.
What Are Participating Restaurants Responsible For?
- Getting a Temporary Food Establishment Permit from the Davis County Health Department located at 22 South State in Clearfield. Their phone number is (801) 525-5128, fax number is (801) 525-5119. (If you get your permit more than a week prior to the event, it’s less expensive.) Also, be familiar with the requirements for things like ground cover and heating sources.
- Having one food handler’s permit per booth.
- Providing your high resolution logo in .png, .jpg or .eps format.
- Being prepared with adequate staffing and food. We suggest 2-4 oz. minimum servings. Plan on accommodating approx. 600-1,000 attendees. We expect 3,000-4,000 attendees but they will not visit every booth.
- Display promotional poster in your restaurant promoting the event from July 10th to July 23rd. Promote the event within your network, preferably by social media, email marketing, and newsletters if you have those capabilities. We will provide images for social media, if requested.
- Join the Facebook event and invite your friends and family to the event.
We also encourage restaurants and businesses to produce a bounce-back offer exclusively for Taste of the Town to give along with your food samplings or product that will invite consumers back into your restaurant or business.
Ready to sink your teeth in?
Registration will be ONLINE this year. Please click the link to register. Once you have registered, a Chamber employee will reach out to you for further information.
How Else Can You Help?
We need volunteers to sit at the Davis Chamber booth and sell Creamies and also to help in the ticket sales trailer. There are two shifts available: 3:30-5:30 pm and 5:30-7:30 pm.
If you're interested in volunteering, please click here
and complete the form. A Chamber staff member will contact you shortly.
We look forward to working with you!
For more information about Taste of the Town details,